Well, after 10+ hours the Bowflex was finally put together for us to only find out that one of the parts is defective and we need to get a replacement part. I called this morning after I got home, from another round of blood tests and heart scans, and the part should be here by Wednesday so Drew can finally get it assembled and working. I tell ya, for being such a high quality product it definitely doesn't come with high quality instructions on how to put it together. According to the instruction manual it should take up to 4 hours to put together. This one too 10+ hours over a span of two days. Step 3 took about 3 hours alone to get together! With that being said I will be happy to have it working properly so I can start slowly (with my doctors permission already) working on gaining my strength back and hopefully subsiding the exhaustion I feel all the time.
With that being said, my doctor has kept me off of work until January 20th at least. He sent me for another set of blood tests, this time checking my ferretin and B12 levels in hopes to find out what is causing my numb feet. I tell ya, it's the weirdest and most painful feeling to have numbness in your feet 24/7. I have another 24 hour Holter monitor booked for January 12th in hopes to see if my heart is getting any stronger or not. I have done well in not purging for almost 2 months now *pumps fist in the air* and am working on but still struggling with not obsessing over calories. I'm trying to get myself into a routine of eating a variety smaller healthy meals rather than going to the calorie counting extreme but like I said it's still a struggle.
On other news, Prudence and Lennon had doctors appointments yesterday. Me being a diligent Mom noticed a brown spot on Prudys eye and rushed to get her in. As I suspected, from research I did online, she has a condition called Pigmentary Keratitis. This condition if not caught early can lead to permanent blindness but as Drew jokingly says "You constantly gaze into Prudy's eyes" I caught it very early on and she is now on medication to rid her eye of the pigment. Even the Vet told me that Prudy's eye was the earliest stage he's even seen caught. I guess it's true that those dogs are my life and just like my own kids :)
Lennon on the other hand was just there for his shot update and the big bruiser didn't even act like he noticed getting his needle. He was so calm and mellow and even while the Vet was doing his full exam and giving him his shots his tail never stopped wagging.
Anyways, that's about it for now. I will be sure to keep everyone updated if they happen to find out anything through this blood work and heart monitor. Best wishes to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment